Your hands are one of the first areas to show signs of ageing. When you reach 40, the skin on your hands begins to thin because there’s so little fat and muscle there. As a result, bones protrude, skin loses its elasticity, forming wrinkles and veins become more prominent, these all contributing to your hands looking older.
So what can you do?
Those drugstore hand creams you’ve been buying won’t do the trick, unfortunately. They may smell good and claim to help your skin but the likelihood is that they’re doing squat. What you need is something that truly hydrates your skin whilst simultaneously working to thicken and protect it from damage. The key ingredient you should look for is Retinol, which stimulates cell renewal and collagen production for younger-looking hands. Plus a product that includes broad-spectrum UV protection is a must. UV rays are your skin’s worst enemy, causing not just an early-onset of wrinkles but also forming pigmentation which can make your hands look even older.
The ZO Skin Health™ Oraser® Nourishing Hand Creme has everything you’d need to save your hands. It includes:
- Retinol to stimulate epidermal renewal and collagen production and helps even skin tone
- Matrixyl 3000 to boosts collagen production to help tighten and thicken skin
- Vitamins C and E, Coenzyme-Q10 which are potent antioxidants that fight damaging free radicals
- Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate and Shea Butter which hydrate and strengthen the skin’s barrier
- Avobenzone which provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection
- Amino Acid Complex to promote healthy cell renewal
What’s more, people often forget that your hands need exfoliating too, as where there is skin, there are dead skin cells too! At least once a week you need to exfoliate all of this dead skin so that the active ingredients from your hand creme can penetrate the epidermis and ensure your skin gets all its benefits. Try the ZO Skin Health™ Oraser® Correcting Hand and Body Scrub to polish rough texture and leave skin silky smooth.