ZO Skin Health was created by the renowned Beverly Hills doctor Dr Zein Obagi. As Medical director of ZO Skin Health, Dr. Obagi has created products with technologically advanced ingredients and even more effective formulations, designated into two categories: ZO® Skin Health and ZO® Medical. ZO® Skin Health products maintain the results of therapeutic treatments and provide effective daily skincare and protection from the environment while ZO® Medical products have been optimized to treat a range of skin disorders and chronic conditions.
If you are interested in learning more about the brand it is recommended that you start with the Level 1 Daily Skincare Programme which provides the essential tools to help achieve healthier skin using retinol, specialized enzymes, and antioxidants to promote cellular function and restore and maintain youthful, healthy-looking skin.
What is included in this kit?
Cleansing is an important first step for all skin types, but for oily, acne-prone skin, it’s critical. The key to managing oily skin is gently exfoliating dull, dry skin cells that trap bacteria; reducing excess oil; and neutralising free radicals. Offects® Exfoliating Cleanser does all of that and goes one step further–it includes encapsulated Vitamin E–the most important anti-oxidant for healthy skin.
- Micro-beads: Exfoliate dead skin cells
- Encapsulated Vitamin E: Antioxidant
- Salicylic Acid: Promotes chemical exfoliation to keep pores clear
- Lipopeptide Myristoyl Pentapeptide-8: Stimulates collagen production
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) Extract: Antioxidant and anti-irritant benefits
Round magnesium crystals exfoliate dead skin cells, increase epidermal turnover and create a clearer, smoother, more even-toned complexion. But the benefits go deeper than that. Vitamins A, C, C-Esters and E provide powerful antioxidant protection. Then active ingredients can penetrate your skin and work much more effectively.
- Ultra-Fine Magnesium Crystals: Removes dead skin cells, improves skin texture, promotes healthy circulation and cell turn-over.
- Vitamins A, C, C-Ester and E: Deliver antioxidant protection
Ossential® Daily Power Defense uses DNA repair enzymes to enhance your skin’s recovery capabilities. These special enzymes attach directly to your own DNA molecules and repair oxidative damage caused by UV exposure. It works all day with time-release retinol, enzymes, and antioxidants to repair damaged cells and protect against future damage.
- Ultrasomes (UV-endonuslease) and Roxisomes (glycosylase): Enzymes that initiate and speed up the repair of DNA
- Vitamin E: Provides antioxidant properties
- Retinol (Vitaine): Stimulates epidermal renewal and collagen production, and helps even skin tone
- Ceramide 6: Helps restore barrier function
- Matrixyl 3000 (Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7): Stimulates collagen production
Oclipse® Sunscreen + Primer was named the #1 best sunscreen by the online beauty authority. Not just because it has broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection; not just because it multi-tasks as a makeup primer; and not just because it’s tinted (bye-bye white and pasty sunscreen!). The best part: it’s something you’ll want to wear every day. Have you ever said that about a sunscreen? It’s the smart sunscreen because it features natural melanin. If you’re going to do just one nice thing for your skin this is it.
- Titanium Dioxide (8.2%): Broad spectrum sunscreen (UVA/UVB) protection
- Fractionated Melanin: Designed to shield the skin from high energy visible light (HEV)
- Helinathus Annus Seed Oil, Ethyl Ferulate, Rosmarinus Officinalis Lef Extract, Disodium Urine Phosphate: Helps provide DNA protection