Traditional dermatologic treatments typically address the skin surface and symptoms without improving cellular function or overall skin condition. While this may enhance the skin’s appearance, results vary widely and are usually short-lived since the source of the problem is never addressed. Reasons for this may include the physician’s personal approach, patient noncompliance, product efficacy (penetration, amount of application), patient skin type (thick, thin, oily, dry) or development of resistance to certain products. Dr. Obagi’s new skin health restoration program eliminates most – if not all – of these variables with a standard treatment approach to any skin problem. By taking this approach, program results are consistent, reproducible by any physician and achievable by any patient.
Skin Health Restoration Overview
- Overcome skin resistance to medical topical agents by limiting their use since skin can acquire tolerance and resistance to many topical agents, leading to treatment failure and complications.
- Incorporate non-medical products into the maintenance phase that can be used indefinitely.
- Adopt an early, effective, daily and preventative program using non-medical products that work to keep skin looking and acting healthy.
- Normalize barrier function, as compromised barrier function is the most common cause of persistent sensitivity, chronic dryness and susceptibility to inflammation and treatment intolerance.
- Protect and repair DNA since damaged DNA is responsible for cellular dysfunction, inadequate renewal, mutation and skin cancer.
- Eliminate chronic skin inflammation, which is a common cause of treatment intolerance, failure and sensitivity.
- Stabilise the skin by increasing its tolerance and resistance to damaging factors.
Skin Health Restoration Solutions
ZO® products and programs offer comprehensive and continuous skin health solutions for every skin type, gender, age and skin condition.
ZO® Medical Therapeutic Solutions
Treatment programs for medical skin problems with a time-restricted treatment phase to prevent resistance and reduce complications.
Maintenance programs with non-medical products that patients can use indefinitely after the treatment phase; also daily and preventative programs for patients who do not have medical skin problems but need to keep their skin healthy, prevent premature aging and avoid future skin damage.
ZO® Product Properties
ZO® products contain innovative ingredients that provide specific beneficial properties not found in many other skincare products on the market. These added properties are based on Dr. Obagi’s years of clinical observation and research, and support his new objectives in skin health science.
- Anti-irritant benefits
- DNA protection and repairing agents
- Skin barrier function, strengthening and repair
- Cellular activation and stabilization
- Unique ability to hydrate and calm without the damage caused by regular moisturizers
- Multiple antioxidants used in combination for best effect