We follow great advice on how to look after our faces but what about skin care tips for our hands? Our hands are constantly exposed to the weather, harsh cleaning products and more. This everyday wear and tear can really take it’s toll on your hands if they aren’t cared for in the right way. As the skin on the tops of your hands is thinner, it tends to be one of the first places to show the signs of ageing. From the age of 30 cell production decreases by about 10%, making the skin less efficient at repairing itself. With ageing continuing, the collagen and elastin in the skin begin to breakdown, causing loss of plumpness. This means veins and knuckles become more prominent. So what steps can you take to keep your hands looking young and beautiful?
Skin Care Tips
6 Simple Steps To Healthy Looking Hands
- Avoid over washing your hands. When washing the dishes, for example, never use very hot water as this can strip away the hands natural oils. To prevent dryness opt for warm water instead. An even better option is to wear gloves when using any household detergents. Also, always use a good hand cream, like Oraser® Nourishing Hand Creme, after getting your hands wet.
- As your hands are always exposed to harmful UV rays it is essential to protect them. One of the most important skin care tips is to regularly wear SPF30 or higher to protect the skin on the tops of your hands whenever you are outside.
- Don’t forget your cuticles! Try to brush, or dab, on a nail oil twice a day to keep your cuticles soft.
- Your hands can have a peel just like your face! Peels are a perfect treatment for ageing hands. We recommend Invisapeel™ for an intense at home exfoliation treatment to improve the texture and tone of the hands. Leave on for 1-3 hours or overnight, and for best results, use 2-3 times weekly.
- Which set of skin care tips would be complete without mentioning the importance of regular exfoliation. Exfoliate daily with our Correcting Hand and Body Scrub. It combines salicylic acid and sugar crystals to leave hands smooth, soft and youthful looking,
- If you’ve tried all of these steps and still feel you hands could do with something more, speak to a medical professional about the option of dermal fillers to help plump up any loss of volume in the hands.